Sunday, January 31, 2016

A conversation with a 6 year


Our Snow Castle
This week, I am reminded again why I love teaching First Grade!  This is a snippet of a conversation I had with a blooming first grader after they read a story to me about plants.

 
Me: Based on the book What Comes From Plants, how are green plants different from other living things?  
Child's response: That's an easy one... they're green and they don't talk!
Me:  Name three things that plants need to make their own food.
Child's response: Mint, strawberries, and oranges!  
Me: I was looking for water, air, and sunlight.
Child's response: Ugh! I'm not good with trivia!!! 
Me: We eat carrots. What part of the plant is the part of the carrot that we eat?
Child's response: um the bottom, not the top ah you know...the yummy part.
Me: You're amazing and bright!  I love being your teacher! 





free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment